Sunday, March 1, 2009

Much better mood

So on top of all the work stuff last week was a pretty good week. I sold a bunch of displays into my stores which is always good for me plus a friend of mine was in town from Chicago. She also happens to be quite the wine enthusiast. She was here on business so our time was fairly limited but I did get to bring her to at least one of my favorite restaurants that also has an amazing wine list. Cafe Boa in Tempe, AZ (located on Mill Ave) is pretty much in the heart of ASU college town. The weather has been perfect so we got the whole atmosphere that I love most about Boa by sitting on their patio. Their wait staff actually knows their sh*t about the menu - both food and drink. Fresh bread appetizer, avacado salad, and of course the best choices of wine. My favorite of the night was the Sauvignon Blanc made locally in AZ. I tend to question anything "grown" in the desert but I was surprised by how much I loved it. I'll have to do more research into the exact wine because I forgot to write it down and for some reason it is not listed on the Cafe Boa website. I know the winemaker is the frontman of Tool (the band) and well... like I said, I need to do more research. **Possibly the Arizona Stronghold from Cochise County, but I'll keep you updated.
XOXO
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment