Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Still out there doing to wine thing

... I realize what a slacker I've been, really I do. But it's only been in my blogging because I've been working at least 6 days a week for the past few weeks. I've been doing the normal wine selling (MY BOSS: Wine is the 2nd biggest wine holiday of the year) but it's also that time of year in AZ when the weather is nice for about 2.5 months before it's excruciatingly hot out. That can only mean volunteer season. My favorite season of the work year which allows me to not to be stuck ONLY in grocery stores. I love love love doing tastings.
First was the Basha's Bon Vivant. All you can eat, all you can drink benefit for the Boys and Girls Club. I love drinking for a good cause. My recommendation from that night, Frei Brother Zin (I somehow wandered into the VIP section for access to this). I was also paid in wine for the night;4 cases :) No wine shopping for a few weeks.
Next was the Tempe Music Festival.. I worked the Barefoot sample tent - so much fun. We were right next to the Bing Bang dueling pianos so we had some background music. HOWEVER, my recommendation from this event: Shiny Toy Guns... listen to it with a champagne cocktail (Barefoot Bubbly Brut with a splash of Barefoot Moscoto, my drink of choice from the day).
But my favorite event is coming up in 2 weeks: Scottsdale Culinary Festival. More blogging later.
Cheers!
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment